On this website the personal data of users is respected and cared for. As a user you should know that your rights are guaranteed. I have strived to create a safe and reliable space.
Your privacy is important to me
In this privacy statement I explain what personal data I collect from my users and how I use it. I encourage you to read these terms carefully before providing your personal data on this website. Those over the age of thirteen may register on www.spanishinstitute.ie as users without the prior consent of their parents or guardians.
In the case of minors under the age of thirteen, the consent of the parents or guardians is required for the processing of their personal data.
In no case will data regarding the professional, economic or privacy of the other family members be collected from the minor, without their consent.
If you are under thirteen and have accessed this website without notifying your parents, you should not register as a user.
On this website the personal data of users is respected and cared for. As a user you should know that your rights are guaranteed.
I have made an effort to create a safe and reliable space and that is why I want to share my principles regarding your privacy:
- I never request personal information unless it is really necessary to provide you with the services you require.
- I never share my users’ personal information with anyone, except to comply with the law or in case you have your express authorization.
www.spanishinstitute.ie has adapted this website to the requirements of Organic Law 15/1999, of December 13, on the Protection of Personal Data (LOPD), and Royal Decree 1720/2007, of December 21, known such as the Regulations for the development of the LOPD. It also complies with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of April 27, 2016 on the protection of natural persons (RGPD), as well as Law 34/2002, of July 11, on Services of the Information Society and Electronic Commerce (LSSICE or LSSI).
Responsible for the treatment of your personal data
- Identity of the responsible: Laura/Rocío
- Commercial name: The Spanish Institute
- Address: 58 Dominick Street, Galway, Ireland
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Activity: Spanish classes
For the purposes of the provisions of the aforementioned General Data Protection Regulation, the personal data you send me through the web forms will receive the data treatment of “Web users and subscribers”.
For the treatment of my users’ data, I implement all the technical and organizational security measures established in current legislation.
Principles that I will apply to your personal information
In the treatment of your personal data, I will apply the following principles that meet the requirements of the new European data protection regulation:
- Principle of legality, loyalty and transparency: I will always require your consent for the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes that I will inform you of in advance with absolute transparency.
- Principle of data minimization: I will only request strictly necessary data in relation to the purposes for which I require it. The minimum possible.
- Principle of limitation of the conservation period: The data will be kept for no longer than necessary for the purposes of the treatment, depending on the purpose, I will inform you of the corresponding conservation period, in the case of subscriptions, I will periodically review my lists and I will delete those inactive records for a considerable time.
- Principle of integrity and confidentiality: Your data will be treated in such a way that adequate security of personal data is guaranteed and confidentiality is guaranteed. You should know that I take all the necessary precautions to avoid unauthorized access or improper use of my users’ data by third parties.
How have I obtained your data?
The personal data that I treat in www.spanishinstitute.ie come from:
- Contact form.
- Subscription form
What are your rights when you provide me with your data?
Anyone has the right to obtain confirmation on whether or not I am treating personal data that concerns me at www.spanishinstitute.ie.
Interested persons have the right to:
- Request access to personal data regarding the interested party.
- Request its rectification or deletion.
- Request limitation of your treatment.
- Oppose treatment.
- Request the portability of the data.
Interested parties may access their personal data, as well as request the rectification of inaccurate data or, where appropriate, request its deletion when, among other reasons, the data is no longer necessary for the purposes that were collected. In certain circumstances, the interested parties may request the limitation of the processing of their data, in which case I will only keep them for the exercise or defense of claims.
In certain circumstances and for reasons related to their particular situation, the interested parties may object to the processing of their data. www.spanishinstitute.ie will stop processing the data, except for compelling legitimate reasons, or the exercise or defense of possible claims.
As an interested party, you have the right to receive the personal data that concerns you, that you have provided me and in a structured format, of common use and mechanical reading, and to transmit them to another data controller when:
- The treatment is based on consent.
- The data has been provided by the interested person.
- The treatment is carried out by automated means.
By exercising your right to data portability, you will have the right to have personal data transmitted directly from controller to controller when technically possible.
Interested parties will also have the right to effective judicial protection and to file a claim with the supervisory authority, in this case, the Spanish Data Protection Agency, if they consider that the processing of personal data that concerns them violates the Regulation.
For what purpose do I process your personal data?
In www.spanishinstitute.ie there are different systems for capturing personal information and I treat the information provided by interested persons with the following purpose for each capture system (forms):
- Contact form: I request the following personal information: Name, Email, to respond to the requirements of the users of www.spanishinstitute.ie. For example, I can use these data to respond to your request and respond to doubts, complaints, comments or concerns you may have regarding the information included on the web, the services provided through the web, the treatment of your personal data, questions regarding the legal texts included on the web, as well as any other queries you may have that are not subject to the contracting conditions. I inform you that the data you provide will be located on the Siteground servers (provider of www.spanishinstitute.ie) within the EU.
- Content subscription form: In this case, I request the following personal information: Name, Email, to manage the list of subscriptions, send newsletters, promotions and special offers, provided by the user when subscribing. Within the web there are several forms to activate the subscription. The electronic bulletins or newsletter are managed by MailChimp. I inform you that the data you provide will be located on the servers of Active campaign (provider of www.spanishinstitute.ie) outside the EU in the US. MailChimp is covered by the EU-US Privacy Shield agreement, whose information is available here, approved by the European Data Protection Committee.
There are other purposes for which I treat your personal data:
- To guarantee compliance with the conditions of use and applicable law. This may include the development of tools and algorithms that help this website to guarantee the confidentiality of the personal data it collects.
- To support and improve the services offered by this website.
- To manage social networks. www.spanishinstitute.ie may have a presence on social networks. The treatment of the data that is carried out of the people who become followers in the social networks of the official pages of www.spanishinstitute.ie, will be governed by this section. As well as for those conditions of use, privacy policies and access regulations that belong to the appropriate social network in each case and previously accepted by the user. It will process your data for the purposes of correctly managing your presence on the social network, reporting activities, products or services of www.spanishinstitute.ie. As well as for any other purpose that the regulations of social networks allow. In no case will I use the profiles of followers on social networks to send advertising individually.
In accordance with the provisions of the general European data protection regulation (RGPD) 2016/679, Laura/Rocío (www.spanishinstitute.ie) with address at 58 Dominick Street, Galway, Ireland, will be responsible for the treatment of the data corresponding to Web Users and subscribers.
www.spanishinstitute.ie does not sell, rent or transfer personal data that can identify the user, nor will it do so in the future, to third parties without prior consent. However, in some cases collaborations can be made with other professionals, in these cases, consent will be required from users informing about the identity of the collaborator and the purpose of the collaboration. It will always be carried out with the strictest security standards.
Legitimation for the treatment of your data
The legal basis for the treatment of your data is: consent.
The prospective or commercial offer of products and services is based on the consent that is requested, without in any case the withdrawal of this consent conditioning the execution of the subscription contract.
Category of data collected
The categories of data that are processed are identifying data.
In no case are specially protected categories of data processed.
How long will I keep your data?
The personal data provided will be kept until its deletion is requested by the interested party.
To which recipients will your data be communicated?
Many tools that I use to manage your data are contracted by third parties.
To provide services strictly necessary for the development of the activity, www.spanishinstitute.ie shares data with the following providers under their corresponding privacy conditions:
Google Analytics: A web analytics service provided by Google, Inc., a Delaware company whose main office is at 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View (California), CA 94043, United States (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files located on your computer, to help www.spanishinstitute.ie to analyze the use made by users of the website. The information generated by the cookie about its use (including your IP address) will be directly transmitted and filed by Google on servers in the United States.
Hosting: Siteground.com, LLC, domiciled in the European Union. More information at: https://www.siteground.es/aviso-legal.htm (Siteground). Sitegroundprocesses the data in order to carry out its hosting services to The Spanish Institute.
Web platform: Automattic Inc., domiciled in the USA. More information at: https://es.wordpress.com/ (Automattic Inc.). Automattic Inc. treats the data in order to carry out its web platform services to The Spanish Institute.
Email marketing: MailChimp, Inc., domiciled in the USA. More information at: https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/ (MailChimp). MailChimp processes the data in order to carry out its email marketing services to The Spanish Institute.
By browsing www.spanishinstitute.ie, unidentifiable data may be collected, which may include, IP addresses, geographical location (approximately), a record of how the services and sites are used, and other data that cannot be used to identify the user. Among the non-identifying data are also those related to your browsing habits through third-party services. This website uses the following third-party analysis services:
- Google analytics.
I use this information to analyze trends, administer the site, track user movements around the site, and to gather demographic information about my user base as a whole.
Secret and data security
www.spanishinstitute.ie is committed to the use and treatment of the personal data of users, respecting their confidentiality and using them in accordance with its purpose, as well as complying with their obligation to save them and adapt all measures to avoid alteration, loss, treatment or unauthorized access, in accordance with the provisions of current data protection regulations.
This website includes an SSL certificate. It is a security protocol that makes your data travel completely and securely, that is, the transmission of data between a server and web user, and in feedback, it is fully encrypted or encrypted.
www.spanishinstitute.ie cannot guarantee the absolute impregnability of the Internet network and therefore the violation of data through fraudulent access to them by third parties.
Regarding the confidentiality of the processing, The Spanish Institute will ensure that anyone who is authorized by www.spanishinstitute.ie to process the customer’s data (including its staff, collaborators and providers), will be under the appropriate obligation of confidentiality (already be it a contractual or legal duty).
When a security incident occurs, upon realizing The Spanish Institute, he must notify the Client without undue delay and must provide timely information related to the Security Incident as known or when the Client reasonably requests it.
Accuracy and veracity of the data
As a user, you are solely responsible for the veracity and correctness of the data you send to www.spanishinstitute.ie, exonerating Laura/Rocío from any responsibility in this regard.
Users guarantee and respond, in any case, to the accuracy, validity and authenticity of the personal data provided, and undertake to keep them duly updated. The user agrees to provide complete and correct information in the contact or subscription form.
Acceptance and consent
The consent given, both for the treatment and for the transfer of the data of the interested parties, is revocable at any time by communicating it to Laura/Rocío (www.spanishinstitute.ie) in the terms established in this Policy for the exercise of ARCO rights. This revocation will in no case be retroactive.
The Spanish Institute reserves the right to modify this policy to adapt it to new legislation or jurisprudence, as well as to industry practices. In such cases, Laura/Rocío will announce on this page the changes introduced with reasonable notice before its implementation.
According to the LSSICE, www.spanishinstitute.ie does not carry out SPAM practices, so it does not send commercial emails that have not been previously requested or authorized by the user. Consequently, in each of the forms on the web, the user has the possibility of giving their express consent to receive the newsletter, regardless of the commercial information requested.
In accordance with the provisions of Law 34/2002 on Information Society Services and electronic commerce, www.spanishinstitute.ie undertakes not to send commercial communications without properly identifying them.
Document reviewed on 01/09/2020.